Category Archives: Rants
As seen on the internet
1.”The Texas Senate passed a controversial bill on Tuesday that critics argue would empower doctors to lie to pregnant women.
Senate Bill 25, which will now be sent to the Texas House, prevents parents from suing their medical provider if their baby is born with disabilities, even if that doctor discovered the condition during routine prenatal testing and failed to inform the parents.”
2. The senate just voted to undo rules covering your internet privacy
3. The Senate voted 52-47 to remove protections for wildlife in Alaska. The bill overturns protections for wildlife in our National Wildlife Refuges in Alaska. One protection these bills overturn is allowing the killing of wolf pups and bear cubs in and around their dens, even by means of gassing dens. It also allows “hunters” to use aircraft to hunt bears.
4. A republican senator ridiculed women with breast cancer. A Kansas republican senator apparently thinks women’s health care is a joke… (I think they each deserve a mailbox full of bras.)
5. Not. A. Single. Woman. Was. At. The. White. House. Meeting. On. Women’s. Health.
6. Oklahoma state representative says rape and incest are the will of God. Oh, please tar and feather this guy!
And those are just the highlights from yesterday.
Has anyone noticed the ‘natural gas’ ads that claim they are good for the ecology and all?
Did you also notice that the ads are Exxon/Mobil ads? Oh, yes they are. Look at the last few seconds of the ads and you’ll see Exxon/Mobil owns the ads.
Yes, big oil wants you to support them and forget that they are the biggest enemy of our delicate ecology. Think fracking, their desire to drill in our public lands without regulation, and the pipelines…mustn’t forget those nasty, polluting things.
Their ads are banned in the UK.
Is it a small penis compensation thing?
What is this fascination with a stereo in a car so loud that it rattles the houses?
Huge speakers in the trunk and equipment spilling over on the back seats that makes the car utterly useless for anything but transporting a single person. (And the man has a growing family.)
Do these people know that dragging a child around in said loud vehicles is akin to child abuse? Do they care? Doesn’t look like it. Poor little girl will be deaf before she’s three.
Today’s Tee shirt
To our mailman: If you can’t do your job, stop lying about it, find a solution, or find another job.
Our mailman is a liar and lazy as hell.
He often doesn’t deliver our neighborhood’s mail for days on end. He also lies about attempts to deliver.
The Curmudgeon’s chair is about eight feet from the door he knows if the mailman has been there or not because he’s always in his chair.
We have a package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday and again today. Never got here.
I wouldn’t have known about the ‘attempt to deliver’ had Amazon not e-mailed me. We know there was no attempt. The mailman never arrived on our street. We watched for him!
The USPS is not reliable. The employees no longer take pride in their jobs. And we get screwed again.
I’ve notified the USPS and the Inspector General of the USPS. Do I expect results? Nope. But doing it purged me of the anger.
Oh, and he can’t use the disrepair of our steps as an excuse. They are fixed. Have been for a week.